Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When Life Gives Me Lemons...

... I throw them back harder!

The past 2 days in my personal life have just been terrible. Not my home life, just my personal life. I turned to food in my darkest hour, and I went to bed even more miserable. I've been working on distancing myself from other people's emotional issues, sometimes, when you really care about someone, it's incredibly difficult. That does not mean that I should let it ruin everything that I have going on here. I said that this whole thing was a "learning process"... I am ever learning!

There is nothing I can do to change the situation, so there is no point in getting upset about it. And it definitely isn't worth sabotaging my health over.

On a lighter note, today was day 3 of working out. Day 3 is a much better work-out day! I CAN MOVE MY LEGS AGAIN! (^^) Seriously, I will have thighs of steel! Living in a townhouse makes things challenging, I feel the burn ALL DAY! I know it's good for me. I know I'm on my way to being a very healthy, and in shape, person.

I love working out. It really feels good, even when it hurts. And I'm so incredibly proud with myself. I have more confidence from it too. I strut around my house. I have the energy to do things around the house, and don't feel much like sitting around. My shoulders are back, my head is high. I sleep better, and I wake up more rested. I'm in a better mood, too.

I can't change other people. I can't help those who won't help themselves. I can't turn back time, or undo things. I CAN change myself. I CAN change my relationships with other people. And I CAN lose this weight and get in shape!!