Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chipotle, Among Other Things...

The hardest part of this "diet" ((I hate using that word!)) is that everything is so black and white. Leaves little room for dining out, and guests usually want something more than 4oz of lean meat, and a crap ton of "rabbit food".

I ventured out of the house for dinner. We went to Chipotle, one of the more healthier dining options that exists. I had a salad, with half the amount of brown rice, chicken, peppers and onions, a sprinkle of cheese, and a very little bit of sour cream. Goodness! Was that food SALTY!! And I just ate there on Saturday! I can't believe how big of a difference these past couple days have been in the salt department! And the dairy... It made me queasy. I didn't leave there feeling bad, but I do not feel the same as if I would've eaten George Foreman'd chicken atop a bed of various green leafy things.

I consider dinner a success! I'm starting to notice a difference in the way certain foods affect me. Do they energize me, or slow me down? Do they make me feel more alert and aware, or more "fuzzy"? ((NOTE: Even on my good days I still have my "mommy moments"... yesterday was an all veggie day for me, and I left my wallet at home. I had to return to the store to purchase my cauliflower))

I will be praying tonight that dinner didn't change my weight loss.

I've also stepped out, and I am making an effort to "try new things". My lunch salad was AMAZING! Just plain old baby spinach, with some chopped up bok choy, and.... SWISS CHARD! I wiki'd chard, it's used a lot in Mediterranean cooking, is actually one of the best dark-leafy greened veggies ((super packed full of nutrients and all kinds of good stuff!)), and also tastes a lot like beets. But is nothing like a beet! The root part of it looks like skinny celery, and the top is just a huge, glorious, leaf. The leaves are the most nutritious part of the plant. It was delicious, the fatboy didn't mind it either ((he usually isn't a "lettuce" guy)).  I bought the "bright lights" chard. It varies in color along the root, from a bright purple-y red, to orange, and yellow. Makes food more fun to have a "rainbow"!

Every day, this gets a little easier. Not that it's ever difficult.

Sometimes, I think to myself, "I would just like a pretzel!" A pretzel in itself isn't "bad"... However, 1 pretzel turns in to 3, and 3 in to 5, and so on. That is a lot of how I got in this mess in the first place. Now, when it comes to "junk food" pretzels are not nearly as terrible as potato chips. It's that thinking of it though, "this isn't as bad as potato chips", that turns it in to a problem.

Tomorrow, a post on "Why I'm Fat" will be posted. I would write it tonight, but I'm exhausted. Besides, I don't like making my posts too long, you know? I don't want to read a mile-long blog post, no one else does either!

Good night, dear friends! The scale awaits me in the morning!