Monday, January 9, 2012

Getting Started

So, according to the book, you need to look at yourself naked regularly. This is my biggest obstacle. I'm not a fan of how I look, even with clothes on. I understand it is to motivate me to make a change, and eventually like what I see in the mirror. I did it, but it was hard.

This morning I weighed in at 232, and measured in at 48/47/48.

I made the first breakfast shake, and I wasn't repulsed. Scott even liked it! ((Things were easier around here before he could use a straw.)) My stomach is a bit queasy, but breakfast isn't something I am accustomed to. I know, I know, breakfast is important because it starts your metabolism... blah blah blah... I'm just not a breakfast person!

Here we are, the morning of "Reset Day 1". I looked at myself naked. I weighed myself. I measured myself. I "ate" breakfast. So far, I'm not starving. A part of me wants to snack since I have nothing to do at the moment, but I KNOW it isn't hunger. They say it takes 3 days to break a habit, I'm hopeful that the urge to snack will go away this week sometime. Pretty amazing, I never realized that I knew the difference before. Huh, perhaps I'm learning things already! :)