There was an error in this gadget

Monday, January 9, 2012

Getting Started

So, according to the book, you need to look at yourself naked regularly. This is my biggest obstacle. I'm not a fan of how I look, even with clothes on. I understand it is to motivate me to make a change, and eventually like what I see in the mirror. I did it, but it was hard.

This morning I weighed in at 232, and measured in at 48/47/48.

I made the first breakfast shake, and I wasn't repulsed. Scott even liked it! ((Things were easier around here before he could use a straw.)) My stomach is a bit queasy, but breakfast isn't something I am accustomed to. I know, I know, breakfast is important because it starts your metabolism... blah blah blah... I'm just not a breakfast person!

Here we are, the morning of "Reset Day 1". I looked at myself naked. I weighed myself. I measured myself. I "ate" breakfast. So far, I'm not starving. A part of me wants to snack since I have nothing to do at the moment, but I KNOW it isn't hunger. They say it takes 3 days to break a habit, I'm hopeful that the urge to snack will go away this week sometime. Pretty amazing, I never realized that I knew the difference before. Huh, perhaps I'm learning things already! :)